ROSE GOLD EYE AND DRAMATIC LIP TUTORIAL | Rhiannon-Maeve

ROSE GOLD EYE AND DRAMATIC LIP TUTORIAL



 




 Spring has finally Sprung and I don't know about you but I always find that Spring is often the hardest season to co-ordinate makeup looks too. In winter you can go veryyy dramatic without looking caked and like you're drowning in makeup and In summer it's very easy to throw on a light , fresh makeup look that makes you look glowy and natural (of course Autumn is all about those neautral colours). But what do you do in spring? I decided to mix up a bit of an Autumn/winter dark lip with a fresher eye look to contrast the cold and the slight sun of Spring. 

First off i used the garnier daily rich mosteriuzer just to give my horribly dry skin a little bit of life to it and to make sure I don't get any flaky makeup because I don't think anyone really likes flaky makeup. This mosteriuzer cost me literally £2 and so far hasn't failed me once. 

I then went ahead and used the Laura Geller spackle under makeup tinted primer ( £24) all over my face. I like this primer because it evens out your skin whilst at the same time giving a little bit of hydration and softness.

Next I decided to try out a new foundation I had recently bought which was the Maybeline dream velvet 12 hour hydrating foundation in ivory (£8). Notice how because of how dry my skin is I constantly have to use hydrating skin products

For my contouring I used the LA girl pro concealer in "toast" as a darker colour to contour with (£5) and the soap and glory kick ass concealer (£11) to highlight with. I then went over this cream highlight and contouring with the makeup revolution ultra contour pallette ( £8) For my highlighter I used the makeup revolution baked highlighter mentioned in my post last week (£3)

For blush I used the tarte blush in "gifted" just to give a subtle rosiness to my cheeks and not make me look completely flushed out. I love this blush because it's buildable enough that you can either give a really sublte or strong look. 
 
Of course for my eyebrows I used my holy grail soap and glory 2 in 1 archery brow in hot chocolate(£11) because I don't think I'll ever be without this product in my life. Changing the brow game forever.

For eyeshadow primer I just used a tiny amount of the same primer I used on my face and waited for it todry  since I'm too lazy to invest in any good eyeshadow primer. I then took the makeup revolution "affirmation" palette and sweeped the colour "advance" all over my lid. Advance is a beautiful rose gold/pink colour and really makes your eyes pop. Then in the crease I took the colour " reliance" and blended it into my crease, taking the colour "confidence" from the same palette a little bit higher in my crease. I then took the colour "affirmation"  in my tear duct as a glittery highlighter. To smoke out the rose eye a little bit I used the colour "time" which is a toasty brown just in the outer corner to give a little bit of definition. I then ran "affirmation" under my eye

Next I used the natural collection liquid eyeliner (£2) to give myself a little eyeliner wing and to line my lash line. I then applied a pair of fluttery false eyelashes over the top to really give the look a bit of drama and used the tarte gifted mascara (£15) on my bottom lashes 

At first (as pictured in the first photo) I went for a nude lip but then decided that it was still quite a summery look and went in with my new look pure colour liquid lipstick (£4) in the shade "dark red" and set my makeup with the urban decay makeup setting spray. 

For me personally I'd probably wear this look to go out with friends, going on a fancy-Ish day trip somewhere or going out to dinner. I love love loved wearing it and the dark lip really made me feel quite fierce and queen-like. 

If there are any other suggestions for Spring makeup looks you think I should try let me know and I might give it a little try 

-Rhi x

Rhiannon-Maeve

Im Rhiannon-Maeve and i am a British aspiring blogger/Journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment