MAKEUP REVOLUTION BAKED HIGHLIGHTER AND AFFIRMATION PALETTE | Rhiannon-Maeve

MAKEUP REVOLUTION BAKED HIGHLIGHTER AND AFFIRMATION PALETTE





 
 



 


 

Makeup Revolution is a drugstore brand I've heard about through beauty bloggers and youtubers all over the world, so I wanted to give them a little try for myself. I purchased the 32 colour eyeshadow pallete in "affirmation" and the vivid baked highlighter in "golden lights" 
 
The Highlighter - As you can see from the swatches the name of the highlighter doesn't lie to you, you really do get golden lights. This highlight is extremely pigmented and a little bit goes a long long way. You do get a little bit of fallout from whatever brush you use if you do put too much on it and if you by off the chance apply too much to your face it can look very very gold. However, if you're good with these sorts of things and know how to get exactly the right amount this highlight is beautiful. In photos it shows up as a beautiful glow and whenever it's sunny it bounces right back off of the sun and I've already received compliments after wearing it for only a couple of days. This highlighter cost me £3 which is an absolutely brilliant price for the product you receive. 

Affirmation Pallete - 
First row - the first row of colours are all extremely pinky/ light light orange colours. They don't really show up on camera as they're better used on a darker skin tone than my own, however if you saw these in real life they sparkle like nothing else and work beautifully as brow bone highlighters or a tear duct highlight. Other than the colour "truth" which is one of my new fav gold shades
.
Row 2- This row is filled with more brown shades which have a slightly purple undertone, other than the shade "light" which is a very glittery blue which would be great for a bold eye look. 

Row 3- I love love love these colours! Especially for brown eyes like my own. The shades of purple here are really beautiful and you get a good range of light and dark shades 

Row 4- These shades are slightly confusing as in the palette they look extremely blue, however when swatched they are more greyish colours that I would personally use for a smokey eye or just a more dramatic look. 

Most of the eyeshadow themselves are extremely pigmented but they do leave some fallout, so I usually just use a tiny peice of tissue and it wipes whatever has fallen out away, however I feel like they would be a lot easier to work with if they did not leave the fallout. Some of the colours look very similar when swatched on your arm but when apply them to your eyelid together they can combinoe quite prettily. Usually in bigger eyeshadow palettes (this one comes with 32) shades you expect some off colours or just colours that you wouldn't use for yourself but I think with this palette I can say I love every colour enough to use it. This palette cost me £8 and I will definitely be repurchasing it in the future as the colours you receive can create really pretty looks. With an eyeshadow primer these shadows have lasted all day on my eyes without fallout or leaving any sparse patches on my eyes 

Shipping in total for these items cost me £2.95 which is relatively cheap and they took around a week to arrive, which is what the website told me so they were exactly on time. All in all I'm impressed with the quality of makeup revolution, especially for drugstore prices! 


-Rhi.
 
 
 
 

Rhiannon-Maeve

Im Rhiannon-Maeve and i am a British aspiring blogger/Journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment